7.01.2011

From Here To Eternity (Or At Least A Couple Of Days Anyway)

If I've done this right -- correctly post-dated this blog entry AND properly judged traffic -- then we're at the beach right now. Right this very second. One of the benefits of working at the same place for forever plus 8 years is that you earn a lot of vacation time, and even after two scheduled vacations this summer (California last month and the Jersey shore in September), I still have a good chunk of vacation time left. So I'm using some.

DSC_0076

I'm off today and next Tuesday, so with the weekend and the company holiday figured in, I'll be off for five days. Neener-neener. And hey, lucky me, I don't have to spend any of that time at the airport! Except for picking up my sister and her crew tomorrow, and taking them back on Monday -- but the important thing to remember there is that I don't have to actually go inside the airport this time. Huzzah! I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Universe and I are even, or anywhere close, but I'll take it.

DSC_0081

Gotta say, it's nice to have several days off in a row with no particular plan. We don't do that often -- it's always something with us. Picnics, parties, gatherings, celebrations, riots, fires, mudslides, et ceteras. I feel like we've been go-go-Gadget since Christmas, with at least two things on the calendar every weekend, and always timed so that we're up early and going until late with almost no time for a break in between. I believe they call that "adulthood."

DSC_0092

Anyway. These pictures have absolutely bugger-all to do with us being at the beach today -- they're from Makayla's after-Christening after-party -- but they are pictures of Shae in a bathing suit and a paper umbrella eating cake. Because OF COURSE SHE IS. She's no dummy. Cake sounds pretty good right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment