7.05.2011

Changes in Latitudes

My daughter and I, we are Beach People. If we have spirit guides, ours is Jimmy Buffett.

DSC_0011

Taking Friday off to go to the beach was probably the best idea I've had in a long time. Yes, it was only one day off.

DSC_0189

But I cannot overestimate how highly restorative that one day was. Photosynthesis and phytoplankton are good for the soul.

DSC_0240

Jimmy Buffett says it's grapefruit, Juicy Fruit, and mortal sin that are good for the soul, but I like to think my way is a little less fraught.

DSC_0295

So I got some sand between my toes and some color on my face and some accidentally-ingested salps into my bloodstream, and I feel ready to take on the world.

DSC_0498

Or at least my little slice of it, anyway.

DSC_0293

For now. For a little while. For a couple of days.

DSC_0371

For just a moment. But what a wonderful moment it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment