5.18.2009

Twenty Answers: It's Raining Men

I said I was going to put my "Trivia Friday" answers in the comments, but I don't know whether I'll get a chance to post any new pictures today because I have to run all over the Western Hemisphere today so I can get my car back out of the shop, so I am cheating and making my replies a blog post. Hey, it's my damn blog, and I can do whatever the hell I want. Respect my authoritay!

Anyway ... here are the songs that I was thinking of when I wrote the questions last week (these are not the only correct answers, just the ones that I came up with and verified -- other possible answers may be correct):

  • Three songs from the 1970's that have "Rain" in the title ("Fire and Rain," James Taylor; "Laughter in the Rain," Neil Sedaka; "Rainy Days & Mondays," The Carpenters)
  • Three songs from the 1980's that have "Rain" in the title ("Blame It on the Rain," Milli Vanilli; "Purple Rain," Prince; "Here Comes the Rain Again," Eurythmics)
  • Three songs from the 1990's that have "Rain" in the title ("November Rain," Guns n' Roses; "No Rain," Blind Melon; "Rain King," Counting Crows)
  • Two songs that have "Weather" in the title ("Traffic and Weather," Fountains of Wayne; "The Weather is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful," Jimmy Buffett)
  • Two songs that have "Hurricane" in the title ("Rock You Like a Hurricane," Scorpions; "Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season," Jimmy Buffett)
  • Two songs that have "Thunder" in the title ("Thunder Road," Bruce Springsteen; "Thunderstruck," AC/DC)
  • Two songs that have "Lightning" in the title ("Lightning Crashes," Live; "Greased Lightning" from Grease)
  • And, the "change-up": Three songs by Earth Wind & Fire ("September," "Shining Star," "Boogie Wonderland" {featured The Emotions})

Tina practically read my mind and got a lot of the same answers I did, including the freaking bonus answers which I didn't even announce. That's kind of creepy and awesome, in a Teddy Ruxpin kind of way. Another quiz this week -- I am already working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment