6.21.2010

Let's Go To The Movies!

It was so hot this weekend that we only spent part of it in the pool -- that's how you know it was hot. It was too stinkin' hot yesterday to get in the car and drive an hour to get to the pool, so we decided to do something different: go to the movies.

We've never taken Shae to the movies before, so we weren't sure what to expect. She's seen movies, of course, but only at home, where she can lay out on the couch and order us around and "plause" the DVD so she can run to the potty. This was her first trip to the theater.

I tried to sneak a couple of pictures with my cell phone inside the theater -- I mean, seriously, the three of us shared a bag of popcorn that was bigger than my head, and she thought the fold-down seats were a hoot -- but. Um. Yeah, cell phones don't take great pictures in the dark. And it wasn't like I was going to bring the good camera to a first-run cinematic experience.

Claw Machine

She did really well. She was mostly quiet, she watched the movie, didn't ask a lot of questions, and didn't once have to get up to pee. Of course, we did have her liquids strictly rationed, but still.

Shoot-Em-Up

She liked running around in the lobby pushing all the buttons on all the machines. We didn't give her any money, just let her press everything. She thought the claw machines were "broken" but she didn't make a big deal out of it, just moved on the the next video game or love tester or gumball dispenser.

She's A Natural

Looks like she's a natural FPSer. Like father like daughter.

Ra-ra-ah-ah-ah

(This is from Saturday, and totally gratuitous, but I like it, so I included it. My blog, my rules. Pfbbt.)

All in all, it was a great afternoon out. It helps that the movie was fantastic. I mean, it was G's Father's Day, not mine, but I'm pretty sure her falling asleep in his lap when we got home made it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment