5.06.2010

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden

But that doesn't mean that I won't show you some pictures of my roses anyway.

Rosebud

One of the early buds from the peace rose bush, outside our back door. I love this plant, and I didn't even know I had it until last year. (I think it was last year.) It was way in the back of the yard, by the fence and the alley. We transplanted it to a spot that gets full sun and it has been doing beautifully. I mean, who knew? News flash: roses like sunlight!

Gloves

Hahaha, I dressed my kid in an Earth Day shirt to go outside and work in the garden. I am such a wannabe-hipster, which is probably the only thing in the world worse than actually being a hipster (or a hipster's puppy).

Gerbera Daisies

Gerberas! Yellow, because that's Shae's favorite color. I have two yellow plants and and orange one, because orange is Syracuse's color. Love these things, in every color, even pink -- and that is saying something, because the only pink things I voluntarily have in my garden are my bleeding hearts, two azaleas, a couple of roses, and my peonies. And I didn't know the peonies were pink, because they were a salvage operation.

Actually, that's kind of a lot of pink. Hmm. Maybe it's growing on me.

Hair Model

Man, I hate this stinkin' tree -- it's a Japanese dwarf maple, and it's so red, and it's in such a strange spot in the yard -- but I'll be darned if it doesn't take some lovely pictures.

Coming tomorrow: pictures of adorable little furry things that rhyme with "maybe monies"!

No comments:

Post a Comment