3.11.2011

Who Could Ask For Anything More?

We had an anniversary this week that I didn't mention earlier, but I should have. Three years ago Monday, on March 7, 2008, Shae came to live with us. I can't believe it's been three years already, but it has, the three best years of my life. That kind of thing really ought to be commemorated, because once-in-a-lifetime things really do only happen once in a lifetime, and it does a whole lot of good, I think, to let the Universe know you have not forgotten. So, big ups, Universe! For this, at least.

Scream
Cornfield
Tricksy

It's been kind of a cruddy week, what with the earthquakes and the tsunamis and the thing in Wisconsin and the sinus infection and the rain and the water in the basement and all, but you know what? Right now, it's not so bad. It's Friday. I just ate a really delicious perfectly ripe banana. I'm having shrimp scampi for lunch. I'm probably not going to have to cook dinner. I've got daisies in green pastures. I've got my guy AND my girl -- who could ask for anything more?

6 comments:

  1. i can't believe she's so big! and i love the fleece jacket. stripes are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSSS!!! more than lucky let me know if you are coming up tomorrow Thanks mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Shae-i-versary!

    (Oh yes, I most certainly DID go there. xoxo)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Chibi. Happy Shae-i-versary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy mom-i-versary to you, rachel!

    ReplyDelete