1.12.2009

Bonus! Blast From The Past

As you all have no doubt seen, I am a horrible terrible no-good very bad photographer, which is a low-down dirty shame, since I have such a gorgeous subject. I'm working on it, but ... well, as she gets more mobile, it's getting harder and harder to keep up (see this example, or this one). But I became a follower of a new blog (I♥Faces.com) where I hope to get some helpful tips and useful ideas (like, hello? bribes for sitting still that actually work?) from other shutterbugs, both professionals and amateurs alike.

I am using this picture, from back in July when the Cupcake wasn't so fidgety and also when she was trapped in the bathtub (or, as I believe the pros call it, "her natural milieu"), as an entry in their first weekly contest. You might want to pop on over and check out their link list to see how good everyone else is, and how much work I have yet do, and maybe get inspired yourself.

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Thanks for joining the fun.

    Amy
    Co-Founder
    I ♥ Faces

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't give yourself enough credit! That's an adorable shot. Although, if you're looking to hone your photography skills, you went to the right place. I think I ♥ Faces is going to be a huge inspiration in my photography journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already been inspired by the entries ~ there are so many talented people out in blogland!

    What a cutie you have here...really nice photo!

    Thanks for joining in the fun on our website,

    ~Angie
    co-founder of I ♥ Faces

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this photo of your baby girl...but I also think the cupcake eating the cupcake would also have been an amazing photo to enter;)

    ReplyDelete