12.31.2008

Here Comes The Jackpot Question In Advance ...

... what are you doing New Year's Eve? Not sure what you have planned, but I'll be spending the night with my family, my husband, my delicious daughter, at least one Nintendo Wii, some sort of board game(s) involving Trivial Pursuit at a minimum, and a fresh bubbly dish of my "Million Dollar Crab Dip." I can't share the exact recipe -- it's an "ancient Chinese secret" that I will leave to my daughter in my will, and plus besides I never follow recipes anyway (they're more like suggestions, not unlike speed limit signs) -- but here is the recipe on which my concoction is based so that you can enjoy something similar yourself.

=====

HOT CRAB DIP
from "The Complete Cooking Light Cookbook"
© 2000 by Oxmoor House, Inc.

  • ¾ cup fat-free sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh onion
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • ¾ teaspoon dry mustard
  • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
  • 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
  • ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 pound crabmeat, drained and shells removed
  • Paprika
Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine sour cream through cream cheese in a bowl. Stir well with a whisk or hand mixer on low. Stir in cheddar cheese and crabmeat. Spoon into a 1½-quart casserole that has been coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated. Serve warm with sturdy crackers or breadsticks. Makes 3⅔ cups (which isn't very much because this is one of those things that can be totally snarfed right out of the bowl with a spoon, like the infamous Pumpkin Dip).

=====

Whatever you're doing tonight, be warm, be happy, and above all else: be safe. Happy New Year!

PS -- Kathy Griffin is co-hosting New Year's Eve coverage on CNN with Anderson "My Other TV Boyfriend" Cooper, so if you're not doing anything else, it might be worth checking out. Kathy is the shizz, yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment