9.12.2011

Children and Other Wildlife

So. We survived vacation. It rained and there were a lot of late nights and early mornings and entirely more bug bites that I ever thought were possible -- obviously, it's been a while since I went camping -- but we survived. Not just survived, but thrived, really, except for that one time when I got that killer pain in my neck-and-back, and a couple of stubbed toes, and a pedicure that didn't even last a week, and some rough surf, and someone drank all my Malibu (and it wasn't me), and possibly someone else consumed quite a lot more Oreos than might perhaps be considered seemly (and maybe it was me that time). Still. Isn't that why they call it a "vacation"?

LBI 2011 414
LBI 2011 147
LBI 2011 235

We hung out by the (heated) (private) (in-ground) (wonderful) pool.

LBI 2011 205
LBI 2011 317
LBI 2011 346

And we frolicked on the (gorgeous) (mostly private) (mostly deserted) (almost eerily quiet) beach.

LBI 2011 060
LBI 2011 713

And we dug around with heavy construction equipment on the dunes, which is generally considered off-limits, but not here.

AND THERE WERE DOLPHINS, which I will show you tomorrow. (For more pictures in the meantime, although sadly none of marine mammals, you can check out my Tumblr-slash-Instagram-photo-dump.)

All in all, I can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment