5.23.2011

Pool's Out For Summer

Saturday was a preview of the weather we're expecting later this week while we're on vacation -- mid 70's, bright sunshine, beautiful. Everything but the palm trees.

DSC_0017

Oh, and my grandparents have opened their pool for the summer. It probably goes without saying that Shae was appropriately stoked.

DSC_0044

I am really looking forward to the wedding and Disneyland, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I am really, really looking forward to catching as many of those California rays as I possibly can.

DSC_0121

The first thing I packed in our suitcase was our swimsuits. They'll probably be the first things that come out, too, on that first afternoon, before we collapse into our beds after a long day of travelling.

DSC_0176

Nothing says, "Hot damn, I am ON VACATION!" like getting your feet wet as soon as possible after the wheels hit the tarmac in another area code.

DSC_0196

The only potential bummer about this trip is that we can't take everyone with us -- but that is what a week at the shore around Labor Day is for. Believe me: I can't wait. "Vacation" is my very favorite word in the English language right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment