5.27.2011

By (Captain) Hook or by Crook

OK, listen: I'm just going to say RIGHT NOW that there are going to be a very large number of sternly-worded letters that are getting sent to various and sundry people when we get home. Oh, there will be detailed blog posts when everything is said and done -- the only reason why I'm not doing it now is because I AM ON VACATION, DAMMIT, and I don't want to even potentially spent any part of this weekend dealing with corporate customer service departments. Not likely, I know, because it is a holiday weekend, but still. Don't even want to take the chance. I'm going to salvage what I can, and get all nasty and indignant later.

We still haven't seen the Orange County airport because they ended up flying us into LAX, where we rented a car that so far has cost us more than all our hotel rooms combined for this trip, which is ridiculous. Nobody told us there was a "Super Shuttle" from LA to Anaheim until it was too late, and honestly, I don't know if it would have made a difference anyway, what with there being three of us and all our bags and whatnot. Suffice it to say that mistakes were most definitely made, and not by us, this time.

And remind me to tell you later about the in-flight movie! DEAR LORD. If I were not the strong and powerful snark-ass that I am, I would have thought they were trying to encourage me to kill myself.

But we're here. We have to rearrange a bunch of plans, and I'm not entirely sure how much I look forward to spending our entire time at Disneyland during what I imagine is one of the busiest times of the whole year (the Friday and Saturday or Memorial Day weekend? COME ON!), but I paid for a two-day ticket, and BY GOD we are spending as much of two days there as possible. I understand there is wine available in the park; that will probably help. And we've had some non-airport food, and a decent night's sleep, and we even got a small chance to start doing vacation-oriented things last night before bed, when we hit the hotel pool for about half an hour before we went to bed.


I dunno -- maybe this really IS the most magical place on Earth, because it sure looks to me like we're having a good time, and I know I felt a lot better once I got my feet wet. And I am determined to enjoy the rest of this trip, by hook or by crook, even if it kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment