1.30.2009

Thanks, But No Thanks ...

Sometimes I feel like I missed out on some of the "good stuff" because we adopted instead of having our daughter the "old-fashioned" way. You know: stretch marks, pre-eclampsia, contractions, epidurals, pooping on the delivery table, etc. And breast-feeding.

Breast-feeding is separate because ... well, it's a special thing. I actually wish I could have breast-fed, but there are Rules about that when you foster-to-adopt, and obviously we didn't want to screw anything up, so we didn't try to push the issue. I am envious of breast-feeders, as the best that I will be able to do is share my devotion to Mountain Dew with the Cupcake someday.

One thing I don't regret, though, is the politicization of breast-feeding. Some women do it, some women don't, some women can't, some women won't -- none of anyone's business, not that most people will leave well enough alone. Since it isn't an issue for me, I don't really have to deal with it. Nor will I have to deal with ... anything like this item in the link below:


Somebody was giving one of these away on their blog. (Don't remember who, sorry.) Um, yuck. I ... don't even know what to say. I had to send it in to Craftastrophe, because this is right up their alley. (Obvs.) Yeah, try to sleep tonight knowing that there are people out there who make money making those things. Yick-a-roo.

No comments:

Post a Comment