4.17.2008

No News Is Good News

Um, so ... yeah. It's been more than a week since I posted anything, and I'm sorry. I wish I had a good explanation for the dearth of information on these pages, but -- wait, what are you, a crackhead? This is me we're talking about. I've never had a good explanation for anything, ever, in my entire life. Except for that one time when I fell out of the camper, and that was my parents' fault anyway.

Stuff has been going on*, and there is photographic evidence of it, but I can't find the cord to offload the pictures from the camera and anyway, I don't want to. Every time I download photos I end up spending hours making cute little slide shows and movies and stuff and before I know it, it's 2:00 in the morning and I need to be waking up for work in 2½ hours and so what's the point of going of going to sleep now? This is why my Gnome Mage is a Level 50, instead of 30-something, which is probably what it would be if I were actually a normal mother and not, you know, me.

I can give you the short version, though: Started pre-school. Cupcake LOVES it. Mommy and Daddy love it too because "happy at school" = "excellent naps." What we don't love? Is our new goofy schedule, which requires one of us to be up at 4:30 in the morning and the other of us to be at work until 6:30 PM (although sometimes that "one of us" is the same person -- funny how that happens, no?). But the weather's been nice, so it's hard to even bitch about that too much. Not that I won't try, mind you.

Weather permitting, we're planning to take the baby to the Lehigh Valley Zoo this weekend, which used to be the Trexler Game Preserver but isn't anymore, but anyway -- "baby" + "wild animals" = PHOTO OPS, hello! So when I finally do get the pictures off the camera, there will be approximately eleventy billion of them, oh my lands.

Careful what you wish for, people.


(* = Haha, I added the star when I first wrote this and I forgot to go back and add the footnote. See? I've gone retarded. What was supposed to go here was this: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -- John Lennon)

2 comments:

  1. happy to hear she's loving pre-school!! i'm sitting on a plane in a thunderstorm in dallas hoping like hell i'll make it to chicago tonight. but the three extra hours on the beach were worth it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bruja asquerosa ... just kidding. did you bring me back some tequila or kahlĂșa?

    ReplyDelete