6.12.2012

T Minus 10

It's not like I've been off doing anything important for the last two weeks, like having a baby or anything like some overachievers I know (hi sis!), but here's the thing: I've been in full High Avoidance Mode lately. Because here's why -- in 10 days, Shae will be graduating from preschool. GRADUATING. She started preschool pretty quietly, without much ado, but her graduation is going to be a Big Damn Deal, complete with cap and gown and grandparents in attendance and the whole nine yards. And then after that, KINDERGARTEN.

MY KID IS GOING TO START KINDERGARTEN IN LESS THAN THREE MONTHS AND I AM STARTING TO FEEL FAINT AGAIN AND I HAVE TO PUT MY HEAD BETWEEN MY LEGS BECAUSE I AM HYPERVENTILATING AGAIN.

Quick: let's distract ourselves, shall we? Because I get all choked up just thinking about it, and I just can't right now.

DSCN0142

The waterpark -- excuse me, sprayground --  down the street is open already, but it's been so hot lately that it's been insanely crowded, plus all the big kids are out of school already, and I just can't deal with that mess, so we did what any civilized person would do and got out the hose. (PS THAT LITTLE GIRL IS LESS THAN THREE MONTHS AWAY FROM BEING IN KINDERGARTEN Y'ALL WHAT DID I DO WITH MY INHALER?)

DSCN0126

If only we had water pressure. Oh, the things we would do to this house, if only we had $248 million.

DSCN0123

Still, we can always manage to have a good time. That's the nice thing about being 5 years old, I suppose: easily entertained.

DSC_0030

Hey, how did that picture sneak in there?

DSC_0069

And that one?

DSC_0047

But -- and here's the good news -- the day after graduation we're going out to visit my sister and brother-in-law and Joey and the new baby and take lots and lots of pictures and I will be able to pretend, just for a little while, that I live in a house full of wee ones who are going to stay little forever and never get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment