2.18.2009

Gone Fishin'

If I have done this correctly, when this entry gets posted, we will be on our way to the airport. We're going to Key West, the three of us, for a much-needed vacation. I can't speak for G or the Cupcake, but I'm exhausted. Life, the Universe, and Everything have worn me out to the point where nothing will get me back on track except a few days on an island in the sun, eating pie and Cuban sandwiches and drinking frosty beverages and photosynthesizing.

We're taking the camera and I hope to have a lot of good stuff to share when we get back. The laptop is staying at home, where it will sit in its drawer and sulk and send electrotelepathic messages to the TiVo and the microwave and no doubt our appliances will rise up as one and slay us when we return. This is a chance I am willing to take -- and anyway, I will be taking my iPod and my iPhone and four brand new books, which is really all I need for survival anyway.

In the unlikely event that we are sucked into the Bermuda Triangle, never to be seen or heard again, please know this: we love you all, and Amelia Earhart says hello. Otherwise, there will be no new blog posts for a few days, but I will still be Twittering about anything good or exciting or cute that happens. (Check the sidebar under the Cupcake Cam, or click here to follow me.) If I can figure out how, I might even include pictures, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, okay?

Love you all. Happy motoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment